Posts : 338
Money : 3169
Reputation : 4
Location : USA
Job/hobbies : Student/Sprite and Code
Humor : Sakura+Hinata+Ino+Ten ten=SHIT?
Join date : 2009-11-09
|Subject: Washington D.C. / New York City Trip (Scholarship) Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 pm|| |
Attention 8th Grade!
Washington D.C. / New York City
Essay Scholarship Opportunity
There is one (1) scholarship available this year to attend the 8th grade trip to Washington D.C. / NYC May 29th –June 2nd, 2010. This trip is an awesome opportunity for any 8th grader; however, it is understood that not all 8th graders can afford the cost of this trip. This scholarship will cover the entire cost of the trip. Should you be chosen to receive the scholarship, all spending money must be raised on your own.Guidelines:
The title of your essay should be, “Enriching Experiences.” After the deadline for the essay submission has passed, there will a committee of teachers assembled to read through each essay. The name of the essays will be marked out so the teachers will not know which essay belongs to each student. From this point, 5 essays will be chosen as finalists and move on to interview with the committee. More information on the interview will be given to the 5 finalists.
Below are guidelines and a timeline for those wishing to apply for the essay scholarship. Should you have any further questions, please see Mr. Hendee.
- Essays will be no more than 2 pages, typed
- Explain why you should be the recipient of the scholarship
- Essay due to Mr. Hendee by Monday, November 30th,2009
- Committee of teachers will assemble during the week of December 2nd-4th, 2009 to review the essays
- The 5 finalists will be notified and interviewed during theweek of December 7th-11th, 2009
- The Scholarship Recipient will be notified during the week
of December 14th, 2009
(Copied from the paper from Mr. Hendee)